I have been studying the French language for over 13 years. I am in my third year at the University of Ottawa for a B.A. in French as a Second Language and English.
I worked for the Durham District Public School Board as an Educational Assistant for over a year and as a Tutor at the Strathcona Homework Help Club for ages 6 - 14.
Since the beginning of the pandemic, I have dedicated my time to providing valuable, engaging, and interactive online services.
I am comfortable working with pre-existing material to help advance you in current studies, in addition to creating customized learning material for you.
I am a firm believer that no two people alike, therefore their educational experiences should not be either. My goal is to strive towards achieving your goals in an engaging and interactive environment.
I develop strategies with you that accounts for your strongest form of multiple intelligence (MI) and incorporate your preferred learning style.
The key takeaway here is that this is about you!
Tutor at Strathcona Park Homework Help Club
- Instructed over eighty children (age’s four to twelve) individually, and in small and large groups to help master assignments
- Taught students study skills, note-taking skills, and test-taking strategies to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers
- Developed teaching and training materials, such as handouts, study materials, and quizzes
- Identified, developed, and implemented intervention strategies and tutoring plans individually tailored to each student
- Prepared lesson plans or learning modules for tutoring sessions according to students' needs and goals
- Researched and recommended textbooks, software, equipment, and other learning materials to complement tutoring
Educational Assistant at Durham District School Board
- Provided extra assistance to students with special needs, such as non-English-speaking students and those with physical and mental disabilities
- Enforced administration policies and rules governing students
- Prepared lesson materials, bulletin board displays exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations
- Assessed students' progress throughout tutoring sessions.
- Provided feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage, motivate and build confidence in students